Monday, May 30, 2011

ahhhhhhh!

ahhhhh

Blue sky. Finally some sun to create light and shade. Weeks and weeks of grey bring me down. And give the garden a little light and you can watch it bust out all over.

It's really past time to play what my friend calls "musical plants". I should have been at that a few weeks ago. Gardeners know what I mean. In the spring it's moving time. You pull one thing out and to give it a new spot you must move something else. The domino effect ripples through the yard and eventually it seems like everything needs moving. Last fall we dragged a hot pink azalea out of a cozy den beneath an ever expanding yak. It bloomed this spring so there is hope for it. Too bad it clashes with every other plant around it. Something tells me it will be on the move again. The delicate Ginny Gee made me happy this spring. They were so completely covered in blossoms that they looked like a small pink cloud floating in the woods.

ginnygee

pinkcloud


red pink clash

red maple

porch

azalea vertical

azalea

mayapple


bank

ramapo

view from the cottage

vinecrest


2 comments:

rachel said...

Never mind the Nature - I just love the colour of your woodwork! What a lovely house.....

aliceinparis said...

That Ginny Gee is beautiful!